Monday, November 30, 2009

Corn Dip, so yummy!

Warning!!!
This is so good you will want to eat it all!

Corn Dip
3 cups of corn-I use one bag of frozen
1/4 cup green onion
1/2 cup yellow onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper
2 teaspoons of garlic
1 jalapeno
2 cups of cheese
1 cup of Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of pepper
pinch of salt

Chop all the veggies. Saute the corn in 1 tablespoon of the butter until it browns a little, add salt and pepper, cooking about 4-5 minutes. Set corn aside in a large bowl so you can cook the veggies. Melt remaining butter, and add yellow onion, garlic, and red pepper, saute until soft. Add green onion and jalapeno and saute until soft. Remove veggies from heat and add to corn. Add mayo and 1 3/4 cups of the cheese. Mix the corn, veggies, cheese, and mayo together, adding the cayenne pepper. Place the mixture in a baking dish top with remaining cheese. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until bubbly.

Serve with tortilla chips...take to a potluck, serve at a party, it's sure to be a BIG hit. I made it as an appetizer for Thanksgiving and everyone LOVED it!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY! I'm at a loss, I have no words, I'm speechless, and trust me that doesn't happen often.

This sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com