Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bedtime Conversations

My husband and I are getting into bed, and having one of those night time chats before we fall asleep. Well really, I am chatting away with him while he tries to gently let me know that talk time is over and now it's sleep time. I decided to thwart his attempts and I came up with a fun game...

Me: "Honey, if you could have any other name in the world, what would it be?"
Him: "I don't know"

Me: "Come on, any name...what would it be?!"
Him: "My name is fine"

Me: "Ugh, forget it, you never want to play my little games...in the car, or anywhere. No one does"

I then shuffle my pregnant belly and the covers, and turn over in a huff.

Him: "What games are you talking about, and who else plays them?"
Me: "DOESN'T play them" I correct. "You don't play them, my mom doesn't play them, anytime we're on a long drive I try to have fun and come up with fun little games...like my 'Guess the State' Game, but anyway forget it. I am thirsty, can you get me some water?"

My wonderful husband turns on the light, gets out of bed, and gets my water for me. Then he turns off the light and lays back down.

Him: "If you were a radial tire, what kind of tire would you be?"
Me: "Shut up, just go to bed"
Him: "No really, what kind? Studded, high performance, all weather?"

UGH, my husband, the smartass.

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

Ha! Turn about is fair play, right? Very funny.