Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cold Goo and a lake full of Jell-O

randomtuesday
Yesterday was my last ultrasound before this baby is born. The nurse did the initial ultrasound, when she finished and left me with 2 things: a 3D image of my baby on the TV screen(which was interesting for all of 45 seconds), and she left me with cold goo on my exposed belly for fifteen minutes before the doctor came to see me. It was awful! I kept wondering, am I supposed to be sitting here? Maybe she was done and since everything is ok, the doctor isn't coming...should I wipe this off? Was I supposed to get up and get dressed? What is taking so long, she did say he would be coming right? I am going to feel really dumb when they come in 20 minutes later and tell me I was done, and I could have gone home. Finally he came, ah relief.

Why does my Mother-in-Law laugh at things that aren't funny? Like when my son has too much food in his mouth and it poses a choking hazard, she thinks its funny. My wonderful husband thinks its nervous laughter, but I find it immensely annoying, and I wish she would stop.

My son is finally starting to say please, I am not sure he knows why he's saying it, but at least he's started.

My wonderful husband asked me the other day if I remember waking him up in the middle of the night to ask why there was a rabbit on his hip. I told him I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night and asking why there was a rabbit on his hip. But I do remember my dream from that night: me swimming in a lake full of Jell-O.

No comments: